[Histonet] Re: [Sectioning] Brain Tissue

sgoebel <@t> xbiotech.com sgoebel <@t> xbiotech.com
Tue Jul 27 10:19:21 CDT 2010

   My water bath is usually around the same temperature as yours is.   just  take literally a hand full of ice and put it in the bath, onc   all  the ice melts, I cut the brain.  I'll try to go look at what tem   p  it  gets  to,  my  guess  would  be  around room temperature?  Your
   section
   <
   Sarah Goebel, B
   Histotechnician

   <
   XBiotech USA I
   8201 East Riverside Dr. Bldg 4 Suite 100

   Aust
   (512)386-5107

   -------- Original Message --------
   Subject: [Histonet] Re: [Sectioning] Brain Tissue
   From: "Sherwood, Margaret " <[1]MSHERWOOD <@t> PARTNERS.ORG>
   Date: Tue, July 27, 2010 8:14 am
   To: <[2]histonet <@t> lis   To All:
   We  have  been  experiencing  problems  sectioning  mouse  brain.  The
   sectioning    fine,  but  we  have  problems  in  the  water  bath.  At 45 degrees C
   (peel-a-way<   we don't get wrinkles.   With  paraplast  extra,  we  use  36  degrees  C, but the sections are
   wrinkled an   disintegrate.
   I  would  appreciate  hearing  from  listers  as  to what you do: what
   temperatur   your  water bath, what embedding media do you use, etc? Any help would
   be appreciated!
   Thanks!
   Peggy
   Peggy Sherwood
   Lab Associate, Photopathology
   Wellman Center for Photomedicine (EDW 214)
   Massachusetts General Hospital
   55 Fruit Street
   Boston, Massachusetts 02114-2696
   617-724-4839 (voice mail)
   617-726-6983 (lab)
   617-726-1206 (fax)
   [3]msherwood <@t> partners.org
   The information in this e-mail is intended only for the person to whom
   it i   addressed. If you believe this e-mail was sent to you in error and the
   e-ma   contains  patient  information, please contact the Partners Compliance
   HelpLi   [4]http://www.partners.org/   to you in error
   but  does  not  contain patient information, please contact the sender
   and pro   dispose of the e-mail.