[Histonet] Special Stain Storage

Podawiltz, Thomas tpodawiltz <@t> lrgh.org
Mon Jul 26 11:53:38 CDT 2010

That is a new one on me. It has never come up during any of our inspections.

Tom Podawiltz HT (ASCP)
Histology Section Head/Laboratory Safety Officer
LRGHealthcare

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu [mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of kristen arvidson
Sent: Monday, July 26, 2010 12:08 PM
To: histonet
Subject: [Histonet] Special Stain Storage

Hello All,
We were recently inspected by CLIA and our inspector noticed that we didn't have reagent storage temperatures written in our Special Stains procedures.  We do our stains by hand so we do have some stored in the refrigerator and others stored at room temp.  I went through some of the Histo books and I cannot find any specifics on storage of reagents.  Any suggestions??

Thanks!!
Kristen