SPAM-LOW: RE: [Histonet] Water collecting at bottom of sections

Patsy Ruegg pruegg <@t> ihctech.net
Sat Jul 24 11:26:17 CDT 2010

I always tap the slide on the counter before standing it up to drain after
picking it up off the water bath, I think this should shake loose the bag of
water you are talking about collecting under some sections.  I actually hit
the non label end of the slide on the counter pretty hard, I have had people
ask me if I ever brake the slide, but I have not ever broken a slide by
doing this.

Patsy Ruegg, HT(ASCP)QIHC
IHCtech
12635 Montview Blvd. Ste.215
Aurora, CO 80045
720-859-4060
fax 720-859-4110
www.ihctech.net
www.ihcrg.org

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Collette,
Nicole M.
Sent: Friday, July 23, 2010 2:06 PM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: SPAM-LOW: RE: [Histonet] Water collecting at bottom of sections

I use FisherBrand SuperFrost Plus charged slides, the only time I have this
problem is when my waterbath is too hot, or if for some reason I use warmed
slides to retrieve my sections from the bath (like if you lay the unused
slides on the edge of the waterbath, or if you use the warm droplet method
to spread your sections)? I haven't had much experience with a lot of
different slide types/brands though, but it might be an easy fix to the
problem you hadn't thought about, as it is more or less unrelated to the
brand of slide, although some brands may be more sensitive to this issue...

Sincerely,
Nicole Collette
Lawrence Livermore National Lab/ UC Berkeley