[Histonet] Wax removal

Amos Brooks amosbrooks <@t> gmail.com
Fri Jul 16 20:04:18 CDT 2010

Hi,
     You can get abrasive pads that have adhesive on one side. They are
usually used on stairs. They are like 8 inch wide 3 foot long strips of
sandpaper that stick (really well) to the floor. I have them placed about 1
per foot along main traffic areas. I don't recall off the top of my head
where we got them from, but if you'd like, I'll look it up on Monday.

Amos

Message: 6
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2010 10:42:26 -0600
From: "Hartz, Rhonda  SktnHR" <Rhonda.Hartz <@t> saskatoonhealthregion.ca>
Subject: [Histonet] Wax removal
To: <histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu>

Hi everyone;

This may seem like a insignificant question, but we consistently have
issues with injuries to our maintenance staff from cleaning the wax off
of our floors.  Housekeeping has laid sticky layered mats all over our
floors (like large mouse traps), which they peel off layer by layer as
they become wax covered.  Apparently these are very expensive.  Does
anyone have any suggestions?

Rhonda Hartz
Technologist Supervisor
Anatomic Pathology Division