[Histonet] assisting with patient bone marrows

Anne van Binsbergen annigyg <@t> gmail.com
Thu Jul 15 07:25:38 CDT 2010

Oh my - how this makes me smile
poor Hema are SUCH busy ones and we in Histo sit around just longing to be
able to participate in the 'real' action clinical stuff
we are just the dumping ground for all the crap (no disrespect intended to
patient samples) that 'others' dont feel like doing.
We even get Semen analysis in the Cytology section because at that time the
head of Hema refused all body fluids.
Now they are doing fluids but Histo is still stuck with the Semens

As for the rest of their work, we do the trehines and the specials on the
aspirate smears but they do all their own collections.
Hema was my first field of speciality so i know what they do - but they have
no clue what I do.

we print labels for them, help them when their regents run out or expire,
supply solvents so they can get their oily mess off the scope objectives -
they are not allowed to use the multiheader because of objective
'contamination'
when it came to getting their Flow Cytometry built out in Cerner, again we
stepped in and did the whole lot.

our lab amanger used to be the lead tech in Hema so they are very dear to
him - budget and staffing always swings their way.
Histo gets the crumbs after all the other sections take their slice - LOL

But...I have the best team in the building

thats my end-of-week-rant and i feel better for sharing
my weekend starts here
have a happy friday and enjoy your weekend
AnnieinArabia

--
Anne van Binsbergen (Hope)
Abu Dhabi