[Histonet] Formalin and Xylene odor containment

Mahoney,Janice A Janice.Mahoney <@t> alegent.org
Fri Jul 9 14:14:02 CDT 2010

Great advice Vinnie,  At a prior job our safety manager found there to be more problems with ozone than what we were trying to fix.
Jan mahoney
Omaha, NE

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu [mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Della Speranza, Vinnie
Sent: Friday, July 09, 2010 2:09 PM
To: 'Joao Pessoa'; histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: RE: [Histonet] Formalin and Xylene odor containment

I don't have any expertise in this area however I recall reading about the controversies of ozone generators. You would do well to do a bit of internet research before you take this leap. If your facility has a safety officer I'd definitely determine if there is an institution position on ozone generators.

Here is one link for information but you shouldn't have difficulty coming up with others.

http://www.epa.gov/iaq/pubs/ozonegen.html

Vinnie Della Speranza
Manager for Anatomic Pathology Services
Medical University of South Carolina