[Histonet] DAB

Tony Henwood AnthonyH <@t> chw.edu.au
Wed Jul 7 19:15:02 CDT 2010

Keri,

For the free base of DAB you will need to dissolve it in N,N dimethyl formamide. The free base is poorly soluble in aqueous solutions.
Substitute the formamide for the distilled water:

1.	Weigh out 2g DAB in a fume hood
2.	Dissolve in 10ml N,N dimethyl formamide
3.	Label fifty 1ml reagent vials
4.	Aliquot 0.1ml DAB solution in each tube
5.	Freeze and Store at -20oC

For use:

Add 0.1ml DAB solution to 50ml buffer and add 50 microlitres of 30% hydrogen peroxide.

I prefer to use the DAB tetrahydrochloride

Regards

Tony Henwood JP, MSc, BAppSc, GradDipSysAnalys, CT(ASC)
Laboratory Manager & Senior Scientist
Tel: 612 9845 3306
Fax: 612 9845 3318
the children's hospital at westmead
Cnr Hawkesbury Road and Hainsworth Street, Westmead
Locked Bag 4001, Westmead NSW 2145, AUSTRALIA