[Histonet] Reprocess

Cheri Miller cmiller <@t> physlab.com
Wed Jul 7 10:53:18 CDT 2010

Hi Sarah, I don't melt them down I just drop them in with my dirty molds and lids and run them through the cleaning cycle on my processor. The Xylene and Alcohol will melt the oily fat. When the clean cycle is complete I just drop them back into formalin until I process that evening. It works very well.

Cheryl A. Miller HT(ASAP)cm
Histology/Cytology Prep Supervisor
Physicians Laboratory Services
Omaha, NE. 402 731 4145 ext. 554

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu [mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of sgoebel <@t> xbiotech.com
Sent: Wednesday, July 07, 2010 10:37 AM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] Reprocess

   Hello  all!!  Hope everyone had a happy 4th!!  Question =day is...I
   grossed  in  some  fat  that I need to routine process.  I ha= done
   this  in  the  past  with  extra fixation and no problem?  This tim=
   however  it didn't fix all the way through and I have oily unfixed fat
   in  =e  middle  of  my  block.  I fixed for 48 hours, but guess my
   section  we=  too big and needed more.  I want to fix for a little
   longer  and rep=cess the block.  I know I need to melt it down, but
   then  what? =ave done this before, it's just my brain is getting
   older =)

   Thanks in advance!!

   Sarah Goebel, B.A., HT (=CP)

   Histotechnician

   XBiotech USA Inc.

   8201 East Riverside Dr. Bldg 4 Suite 100

   Austin, Texas  78744

   (512)386-5107