[Histonet] bat wing histology

Amos Brooks amosbrooks <@t> gmail.com
Tue Jul 6 21:10:44 CDT 2010

Hi,
     We did this on derm punch biopsies for a while. We used PLP
(paraformaldehyde-lysine periodate) fixative. This was also done on a
sliding microtome at 50um with piles of dry ice to keep the sucrose frozen.
It was a bit of a pain in the butt, but we got decent results. I think the
sectioning process could have been easier, but the PI was obsessed with not
modifying the project at all, even if it meant improvements.
     We stained these as floating sections in 96 well plates, so in this
case I would be concerned that the wing rolls would un-roll if you were to
do the swiss roll thing I described.

Have fun :-)
Amos