[Histonet] Looking for MIN6 cell line

Debra Baluch PAGE.BALUCH <@t> asu.edu
Fri Jul 2 15:14:00 CDT 2010

Does anyone know where I can obtain the MIN6 beta cell line derived from mouse pancreas? They are listed and used in many papers but do not list the source. I have tried ATCC and suggested cell banks in ECACC (England), DSMZ (Germany), and JCRB (Japan) but they are not listed.

Thanks,

Page
Arizona State University/SoLS

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu [mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of JMyers1 <@t> aol.com
Sent: Friday, July 02, 2010 10:54 AM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Cc: Dorothy.L.Webb <@t> HealthPartners.Com
Subject: RE: [Histonet] ER and PR validation

This paper can also be downloaded, indirectly, from the CAP's website:

_http://www.archivesofpathology.org/doi/pdf/10.1043/1543-2165-134.7.e48_
(http://www.archivesofpathology.org/doi/pdf/10.1043/1543-2165-134.7.e48)

Happy (re-)validating,
Joe

------------------------------

Message: 12
Date: Fri, 2 Jul 2010 10:23:08 -0500
From: "Webb, Dorothy L" <Dorothy.L.Webb <@t> HealthPartners.Com>
Subject: [Histonet] ER and PR validation
To: _'histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu'_
(mailto:'histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu')

In a recent article written by 4 pathologists, including Dr. Elizabeth Hammond and Dr. Patrick Fitzgibbons, the recommendations are now including testing with a lab that has validated it's assay against clinical outcomes.  How is everyone planning on fulfilling this requirement inasmuch as we are not aware of any lab in our metro area with this kind of compliance.

Thanks, as always, for any guidance in this area!  If you would like a reprint of this article, email is pfitz <@t> stjoe.org and the article is entitle "Recommendations for Validating Estrogen and Progesterone Receptor immunohistochemistry Assays".

Dorothy Webb, HT
Regions Histology Technical Supervisor