[Histonet] bat wing histology

Mohit Chadha mchadha1 <@t> gmail.com
Thu Jul 1 10:46:17 CDT 2010

Hello everyone,

This is my very first post and I am desperately looking for help. I am new
to histology, so any help would be much appreciated.

I am studying the peripheral sensory innervation of bat wings. As a first
step, I would like to demonstrate the innervation pattern on the different
parts of the wing membrane (a whole mount of the wing?). Second, I would
like to demonstrate the mechanoreceptor make-up of the tiny hairs on the
wing membrane.

Bat wings are highly elastic, with numerous folds, a thickness of about
35-45 microns (in the species I study), a network of thin collagen bundles,
and pigmented superficial epidermal layers.
I could provide more information if required.

Hoping to hear back from the members.
Thank you.