[Histonet] Re: Histonet Digest, Vol 74, Issue 34

Rhonda Henshall-Powell rlhenshall_powell <@t> yahoo.co.uk
Thu Jan 28 13:08:33 CST 2010

Dear Nick,

When I was growing and harvesting 3D cell cultures (spheroids grown in matrigel) we would remove the culture medium, draw up the gel in a needle-less syringe and place in to OCT embedding medium (Tissue Tek) before freezing in Liquid Nitrogen.  I would then cut 5-10um sections and perform IHC or immunofluorescence.

Hope this helps - but it looks like you have a lot of good suggestions already.

Best Regards,
Rhonda

Rhonda Henshall-Powell, Ph.D.