[Histonet] RE: Billing for Research Only Antibodies

Patricia Karlisch pkarlisch <@t> hmc.psu.edu
Wed Jan 20 11:52:08 CST 2010

Hi Histonetters:
    How do you handle antibodies that are not yet IVD and are still
RUO.   I understand the disclaimer on the reports but does that make the
test billable?  Do any of you charge for the IHC stain clinically.  We
have 3 IHC stains that are RUO, one of which is SV40T.  We are not
billing for this test, but we do more than 200/year.  Thanks in
advance,
   Pat Karlisch

Pat Karlisch
Supervisor, Histology, Pathology and Laboratory Medicine
Penn State Milton S. Hershey Medical Center
Mail Code H179
Hershey, PA 17033
Phone (717) 531-6072
Fax: (717) 531- 7741
email: pkarlisch <@t> psu.edu

*****E-Mail Confidentiality Notice*****
This message (including any attachments) contains information intended
for a specific individual(s) and purpose that may be privileged,
confidential or otherwise protected from disclosure pursuant to
applicable law.  Any inappropriate use, distribution or copying of the
message is strictly prohibited and may subject you to criminal or civil
penalty.  If you have received this transmission in error, please reply
to the sender indicating this error and delete the transmission from
your system immediately.