[Histonet] flammable liquid storage

Green JumpyOne greenjumpyone <@t> hotmail.com
Wed Jan 20 10:14:46 CST 2010

I was told that we are allowed to have 2 gallons of flammable liquid contained within a flammable cabinet per 100 sq. ft.  My question is the following:  Is that square footage for the *entire* clinical laboratory or *only* the histology area of the lab?  My inclination is to say the entire clinical lab, not just histo, but I need to be certain.

I am referring to the AHCA NFPA 99 item 11.7.2 for the state of Florida.  The following is the exact wording:

11.7.2.3.2  The total volume of CLass I, II, and IIIA liquids, including those contained in approved storage cabinets and safety cans, shall not exceed 7.57 L (2 gal) per 9.29 m2 (100ft2)

(sorry, I couldn't do a superscript!)

Can anyone offer any help on this?

Thanks!

hopper