[Histonet] cassettes for microwave tissue processing

Vickroy, Jim Vickroy.Jim <@t> mhsil.com
Wed Jan 20 07:34:29 CST 2010

We are expecting our new microwave tissue processor in less than a month.   Currently we are using biopsy pads for a lot of our small specimens for regular processing.   I know the use of biopsy pads is highly discouraged on the microwave tissue processors, and vendors have suggested using biopsy bags for our small biopsies when they need microwave processing.   I am also considering some biopsy cassettes and would like some feedback on other's experiences.

Obviously there are many types of biopsy cassettes on the market, some with compartments, some with micromesh, some with just small holes.   I would like some feedback on what has worked best for microwave users.

Thanks

James Vickroy BS, HT(ASCP)

Surgical  and Autopsy Pathology Technical Supervisor
Memorial Medical Center
217-788-4046

This message (including any attachments) contains confidential information intended for a specific individual and purpose, and is protected by law. If you are not the intended recipient, you should delete this message. Any disclosure, copying, or distribution of this message, or the taking of any action based on it, is strictly prohibited.