[Histonet] RE: Eosin and Leica XL stainer

Green JumpyOne greenjumpyone <@t> hotmail.com
Tue Jan 19 11:58:12 CST 2010

Cheryl,

Yes, the Lecia XL is supposed to vibrate when it lifts the racks.  If it's not doing that, you need to call and ask for some assistance.  It sounds to me like there is something either turned off or broken in the setup.

Regarding the eosin getting the alcohol pink, that happens to us all the time.  We go from eosin to 95%, 3-100% and then 3-xylenes before coverslipping.  It doesn't seem to affect the quality of our staining.

hopper