[Histonet] RE: Eosin evaporation.

Mahoney,Janice A Janice.Mahoney <@t> alegent.org
Fri Jan 15 09:10:11 CST 2010

Hi Cheryl,
Maybe the auto stainer does not drain the rack a well or it could just be a matter of the dipping and dunking that is causing more evaporation.
Jan
Omaha, NÉE

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu [mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Cheri Miller
Sent: Friday, January 15, 2010 9:06 AM
To: histonet; histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] Eosin evaporation.

I recently purchased a leica refurbished autostainer, Before we hand stained our by hand. Now I notice the eosin is getting very low very fast, we have to replenish almost everyday. Before a bottle of Richard Allen Eosin would last the week or at least six days. Any idea's?

Cheryl Miller HT ASCP CM
Histology Supervisor
Physicians Laboratory Services
Omaha, NE. 402 731 4148

PRIVILEGED / CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION may be contained in this message.  If you are not the addressee intended / indicated or agent responsible for delivering it to the addressee, you are hereby notified that you are in possession of confidential and privileged information.  Any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this e-mail is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete this email from your system.