[Histonet] Thermometer holder used with water bath

WILLIAM DESALVO wdesalvo.cac <@t> hotmail.com
Thu Jan 14 16:18:19 CST 2010

I have not used the suction cup , but do have an inexpensive solution.

Rubber washers. Select a two small rubber washers w/ an inside diameter slightly larger than the outside diameter of your thermometer and the outside diameter of the washer that provides approximately 3/4 inch distance from the inside opening. Remove a small portion of the edge to create a flattened section, slide the washers on each end and place in water bath. This method will elevate the thermometer from the bottom surface and the flattened edge will allow you to position so that you can easily read the thermometer. Simple, inexpensive and easily replaced. You should be able to find a washer to fit any size thermometer.

William DeSalvo, B.S., HTL(ASCP)