[Histonet] Fabric Softener sheets

tdobersztyn <@t> chmca.org tdobersztyn <@t> chmca.org
Wed Jan 13 15:34:43 CST 2010

Hello all,

When using a dryer sheet in the cryostat to reduce static-
has anyone experienced an increased amount of artifact with fluorescein
stained slides???
We will occasionally get a slide that has lots of fluorescent fibers all
over the section!
I vaguely remember being told that dryer sheets are not good for labs that
cut cryostat sections for either  muscle histochemistries /or kidney
sections for immunofluorescent staining...

I think using a small container of alcohol placed into the cryostat will
also help reduce static-
These dry months kill us!!!!

Thanks in advance

Theresa
Theresa R Dobersztyn HT (ASCP)
Senior Technologist-Histology/Electron Microscopy Labs
Dept. of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine
Phone: 330-543-8279
Fax: 330-543-3226
tdobersztyn <@t> chmca.org

Akron Children's Hospital - Proud winner of the NorthCoast 99 "Best
Workplace" award!

This electronic mail transmission, including any attached files, may contain confidential and/or privileged information for the sole use of the intended recipient(s). It is not intended for transmission to, or receipt by, any unauthorized parties. Any review, use, distribution, dissemination, downloading, copying or disclosure by others is strictly
prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient (or authorized to receive information for the intended recipient), you are hereby notified that you have received this transmission in error. If you have received this transmission in error, please delete it, as well as any copies, from your system without copying it, and notify the sender by reply e-mail.