[Histonet] Slide marking pens

Breeden, Sara sbreeden <@t> nmda.nmsu.edu
Wed Jan 13 15:29:12 CST 2010

I hate pencil and refuse to use them!  They smear and blur more than any
"specialized" histo slide/cassette markers!  I just replied to a
separate post saying that as long as your NBF is not "old" (like more
than a couple days) and that you let the cassette sit for a minute or
two before you drop it into solution to make sure it's ink is completely
dry, I've not had any problems.  Besides, I think every pen manufactured
for our use has an "off day" because I've seen every brand have an
occasional glitch.  Not that this is a good thing, but it seems to be
universal.  Has something to do with the phase of the moon and what
color socks you're wearing.  May the Force be with you...

Sally Breeden, HT(ASCP)
NM Dept. of Agriculture
Veterinary Diagnostic Services
PO Box 4700