FW: [Histonet] Re: Bladder Biopsies

Lester Raff MD LRaff <@t> uropartners.com
Wed Jan 13 15:09:43 CST 2010

 Bob--I believe we had only minor adjustments to make in our immuno
staining when we switched from a VIP processor to a microwave.

Lester J. Raff, MD
Medical Director
UroPartners Laboratory
2225 Enterprise Dr. Suite 2511
Westchester, Il 60154
Tel 708.486.0076
Fax 708.486.0080
-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Robert
Richmond
Sent: Wednesday, January 13, 2010 11:38 AM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] Re: Bladder Biopsies

In answer to a query about microwave processing of urinary bladder
biopsy specimens Lester Raff MD (Uropartners, Winchester IL) notes:

>>We microwave process our bladder biopsies on the same cycle as
prostate biopsies.<<

Good to know this. Do the immunostains require any adjustment -
particularly the racemase stain, notorious for difficulty in adjusting
to different fixations?

Bob Richmond
Samurai Pathologist
Knoxville TN