AW: [Histonet] Poor Nuclear Detail

Gudrun Lang gu.lang <@t> gmx.at
Sat Jan 9 07:09:50 CST 2010

One cause for poor nuclear detail is drying out of tissue. We saw this, when
we let the tissue cassettes to long without formalin before VIP-processing.

Gudrun Lang

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] Im Auftrag von Rae
Staskiewicz
Gesendet: Freitag, 08. Jänner 2010 19:35
An: Histonet
Betreff: [Histonet] Poor Nuclear Detail

We had a case the other day which showed poor nuclear detail. This was fatty
breast which had been fixed overnight before processing. Tissues were
reprocessed in hopes of improving, but failed to do so. Does anyone have any
ideas what may have caused this artifact. All other cases that day were
fine.

Rae Ann Staskiewicz