[Histonet] shipping slides, elementary question

Percival Karen KPercival <@t> wyeth.com
Fri Jan 8 13:30:15 CST 2010

Hi Nicole,

I've shipped slides many times in the hinged, cardboard slide boxes.  If you wrap bubble wrap around them and use extra bubble wrap or "peanuts" in the shipping container so that the boxes don't move around, you should be fine.
Good luck,
karen

Karen Percival, BS, HT
Research Scientist II
Pfizer Research DSRD
1 Burtt Road
G3025
Andover, MA 01810
888-577-1500 x 4058
kpercival @wyeth.com

>>> Nicole Collette <collette2 <@t> mail.llnl.gov> 1/8/2010 1:28 PM >>>

Happy Friday everyone,

I have a very basic question about shipping slides (mouse tissue,
non-biohaz). I am planning to ship a bunch to a collaborator, on the
order of a few hundred. I have black hinged cardboard/wood 100-slide
boxes, similar to

  https://www.vwrsp.com/catalog/product/index.cgi?catalog_number=48452-001&inE=1&highlight=48452-001

will these be sufficient for shipping (provided I ensure they stay
closed during transit) to avoid breakage? I have slide mailers, but
they only hold a few slides. I will do that if I need to (it would be
a whole lot of packaging and labeling though...), but don't want to
just send a giant box and have them all broken on the other end.
Maybe there's another alternative? I'm sure someone on histonet has
done this before :)

Thanks in advance for the advice.

Sincerely,
Nicole Collette
Lawrence Livermore National Lab/ UC Berkeley
collette2 <@t> llnl.gov