[Histonet] shipping slides, elementary question

Nicole Collette collette2 <@t> mail.llnl.gov
Fri Jan 8 12:28:31 CST 2010

Happy Friday everyone,

I have a very basic question about shipping slides (mouse tissue,
non-biohaz). I am planning to ship a bunch to a collaborator, on the
order of a few hundred. I have black hinged cardboard/wood 100-slide
boxes, similar to

  https://www.vwrsp.com/catalog/product/index.cgi?catalog_number=48452-001&inE=1&highlight=48452-001

will these be sufficient for shipping (provided I ensure they stay
closed during transit) to avoid breakage? I have slide mailers, but
they only hold a few slides. I will do that if I need to (it would be
a whole lot of packaging and labeling though...), but don't want to
just send a giant box and have them all broken on the other end.
Maybe there's another alternative? I'm sure someone on histonet has
done this before :)

Thanks in advance for the advice.

Sincerely,
Nicole Collette
Lawrence Livermore National Lab/ UC Berkeley
collette2 <@t> llnl.gov