[Histonet] GUS staining on parifin thin sections, or infiltration os stain into developing embryos

Michelle Jamison mjamison <@t> caissonlabs.com
Thu Jan 7 17:29:04 CST 2010

Hi All
I have been trying to stain for GUS expression (X-Gluc) in developing seeds of Arabidopsis.  I have good expression on my positive control (a "housekeeping gene) except for the developing embryos!  And forget about those samples with the specific gene in the embryos.  One of the things I will be trying is thin sectioning then staining.  Possibly the enzyme will be compromised?
Does anyone have experience with this sort of thing?
Please let me know your thoughts and or experiences.
Thank you
Michelle

Michelle Jamison
Cytology