[Histonet] pH of 10% NBF

Greg Dobbin gvdobbin <@t> ihis.org
Thu Jan 7 12:49:07 CST 2010

Hi Folks,
If the pH of our 10% Neutral Buffered Formalin is reading 7.01
(recycled) and 7.12 (made from new formaldehyde), should I try to get to
7.2? If yes-how- add sodium bicarbonate?
I look forward to your responses.
Warm regards,
Greg

Greg Dobbin, R.T.
Chief Technologist, Anatomic Pathology
Dept. of Laboratory Medicine,
Queen Elizabeth Hospital,
P.O. Box 6600
Charlottetown, PE    C1A 8T5
Phone: (902) 894-2337
Fax: (902) 894-2385

"I find that the harder I work, the
more luck I seem to have."
- Thomas Jefferson

Statement of Confidentiality
This message (including attachments) may contain confidential or privileged information intended for a specific individual or organization. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately. If you are not the intended recipient, you are not authorized to use, disclose, distribute, copy, print or rely on this email, and should promptly delete this email from your entire computer system.