[Histonet] Special stains

Mahoney,Janice A Janice.Mahoney <@t> alegent.org
Tue Jan 5 14:28:17 CST 2010

Yes Dorothy,
You should validate and document that each stain (control) reacted as expected as well as the instrument functionality.
I would have a Pathologist initial it as well. Remember to have your instrument training documentation for your techs as well.
Good luck,
Jan Mahoney
Omaha, NE

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu [mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Kim.Donadio <@t> bhcpns.org
Sent: Tuesday, January 05, 2010 11:28 AM
To: Webb, Dorothy L
Cc: 'histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu'; histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: Re: [Histonet] Special stains

Subject
[Histonet] Special stains

We are switching automated special stain equipment to a different vendor
and am wondering if we have to validate all of the special stains we do. I
am from the "old school" and the validation process, other than IHC, is
not my forte!!  Any advice would be appreciated, so, thanks ahead of
time!!

Dorothy Webb, Ht (ASCP)
Regions Histology Technical Supervisor
651-254-2962

Sponsored by Catholic Health Initiatives and Immanuel Health Systems, Alegent Health is faithful to the healing ministry of Jesus Christ, providing high quality care for the body, mind and spirit of every person.

The information contained in this communication, including attachments, is confidential and private and intended only for the use of the addressees.  Unauthorized use, disclosure, distribution or copying is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.  If you received this communication in error, please inform us of the erroneous delivery by return e-mail message from your computer.  Additionally, although all attachments have been scanned at the source for viruses, the recipient should check any attachments for the presence of viruses before opening.  Alegent Health accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this e-mail.  Thank you for your cooperation.