[Histonet] Decaling mouse joints

Liz Chlipala liz <@t> premierlab.com
Mon Jan 4 13:34:03 CST 2010

We use formic acid (10%) for decalcification.  We fix in 10% NBF for 48
hours.  We decal for about 7 days for the mouse joints (ankles, front
and rear paws), knees do not take as long.

Liz

Manager
Premier Laboratory, LLC
PO Box 18592
Boulder, Colorado 80308
office (303) 682-3949
fax (303) 682-9060
www.premierlab.com

Ship to Address:
1567 Skyway Drive, Unit E
Longmont, Colorado 80504

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Igor
Deyneko
Sent: Monday, January 04, 2010 12:17 PM
To: Histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] Decaling mouse joints

Dear Histonetters!
I have a project coming up which would require to decalcify mouse hind
legs,
femur and tibia with joints. Can anyone suggest a good system, either an
ion
exchange or acid decal(formic acid I've heard works well) and also if
anyone
has a protocol on fixation and decaling, it would be much appreciated.
Thank you.
Igor Deyneko
Infinity Pharmaceuticals
Cambridge, MA