[Histonet] ruo antibodies

Vickroy, Jim Vickroy.Jim <@t> mhsil.com
Fri Feb 26 11:03:25 CST 2010

Our new CAP checklist does not mention the use of RUO antibodies anymore.   This was under the question using ASR antibodies in the past.   I believe the requirement was that if we wanted to use an RUO antibody we had to have a disclaimer similar to the ASR disclaimer but we also had to have a statement stating that we had searched for an IVD or ASR antibody.  Does anyone know if this is still the practice or am I missing something?   I do know of course than when using either an ASR or RUO antibody we have to establish and verify the performance.   Any thoughts about the RUO(s)?

James Vickroy BS, HT(ASCP)

Surgical  and Autopsy Pathology Technical Supervisor
Memorial Medical Center
217-788-4046

This message (including any attachments) contains confidential information intended for a specific individual and purpose, and is protected by law. If you are not the intended recipient, you should delete this message. Any disclosure, copying, or distribution of this message, or the taking of any action based on it, is strictly prohibited.