[Histonet] Sirius Red

Nails, Felton flnails <@t> texaschildrens.org
Wed Feb 24 11:55:52 CST 2010

Thanks for everyone's help

________________________________
From: John Kiernan [mailto:jkiernan <@t> uwo.ca]
Sent: Wednesday, February 24, 2010 11:36 AM
To: Nails, Felton
Cc: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: Re: [Histonet] Sirius Red

You'll find brief instructions for the picro-sirius red method for collagen in nearly every histological techniques book published since about 1970. A Google search for "sirius red vendor" brings up 484 hits, though not all are for vendors. It's important to get the correct dye (C.I. 35780, Direct red 80). For a thorough discussion of how to use the method intelligently, see L. Junqueira et al 1979. Histochem. J. 11: 447-455.
John Kiernan
Anatomy, UWO
London, Canada
= = =