[Histonet] Work Load Units

Weems, Joyce JWeems <@t> sjha.org
Tue Feb 23 09:36:26 CST 2010

Unfortunately, many facilities are only counting billable tests and all the recuts, sendouts, and work done pulling cases for conferences cannot be counted. It is a nightmare that needs to be addressed!! My 2 cents...j

Joyce Weems
Pathology Manager
Saint Joseph's Hospital
5665 Peachtree Dunwoody Rd NE
Atlanta, GA 30342
678-843-7376 - Phone
678-843-7831 - Fax

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu [mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Rene J Buesa
Sent: Tuesday, February 23, 2010 09:47
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu; VaughnFierke
Subject: Re: [Histonet] Work Load Units

What do you exactly mean by "Work Load Units"?
You should know how many cases and blocks you process by day, week or year, and you also know how many hours your staff uses to complete the tasks derived from those cases and blocks.
The total work completed between the staff members completing them during a given amount of time will allow you to calculate productivity.
If you are referring to which to select, the case is relevant  for the pathologists, the slide for the cytotech and the block for the histotech because they refer to what the usually handle.
René J.