[Histonet] New cryostat decontamination CAP statndard

Mike Pence mpence <@t> grhs.net
Tue Feb 23 09:18:20 CST 2010

The way I read this is if I don't use my cryostat 7 days a week, 365 days a year, then I don't use it daily and therefore I will set my own routine decontamination schedule.
Mike
-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu [mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Pamela Marcum
Sent: Tuesday, February 23, 2010 9:06 AM
To: Jeffrey Silverman
Cc: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu; Jeffrey Silverman
Subject: Re: [Histonet] New cryostat decontamination CAP statndard

Thank you Jeffery.  I am not sure how we get to CAP on this however; it makes no sense for a really busy lab unless they want to give us enough cryostats to make up for the problem this will cause.  Is this something NSH might decide to help with?

It may be time to bombard them (CAP) with questions and report the issues it will cause with patient care.  None of us want to use a contaminated cryostat but we also know how to decontaminate without being in danger and stopping surgery for frozens .

Pam Marcum

UAMS - Anatomic Pathology