[Histonet] Double labeling with antibodies that need different fixatives

Adam . anonwums1 <@t> gmail.com
Mon Feb 22 22:00:31 CST 2010

I have no idea if it would work with regular formalin. In my experience,
many antigens work as well in zinc buffered formalin without any antigen
retrieval as regular formalin with antigen retrieval. But really, you just
have to try it yourself.

On antibodies I've gotten this to work, I use commercially available zinc
buffered formalin which comes in gallon jugs for around $50. We don't do any
special processing. We plop our sample (bones) in zinc formalin overnight at
4C, decalcify in EDTA or formic acid (only necessary for bones), and then
embed just like any other sample.

Adam