[Histonet] Double labeling with antibodies that need different fixatives

Phebe Verbrugghe pverbrugghe <@t> meddent.uwa.edu.au
Mon Feb 22 20:41:33 CST 2010

Hi all,

I would like to do an immunofluorescent double labeling with two
antibodies but 1 antibody works on acetone fixed frozen tissue but not
on formalin fixed paraffin embedded tissue (CD31 BD pharmingen 553370)
and the other one works on formalin fixed paraffin embedded tissue but
not on acetone fixed frozen tissue. Is there any way I could still do a
double labeling and how?
Also, does anyone have experience with zinc fixative? If my antibody
works on formalin fixed tissue is it likely to also work on zinc fixed
tissue?

Thank you very much in advance,

Phebe