[Histonet] IHC on N-cadherin, CD146, CD144,ELF97 TRAcP.

Andrea T. Hooper andreahooper <@t> rocketmail.com
Mon Feb 22 15:17:52 CST 2010

Hi Julia,

I am sorry it's taken me months to reply to this email and hopefully it's not too late. I am only catching up on Histonet messages recently.

I stain for VE-cadherin, CD144 in murine bone routinely. R&D Systems goat anti-mouse VE-cadherin works very well in paraffin and frozen murine bone.

If doing paraffin, I remove femurs/tibias from mice and fix in 4% PFA overnight at 4 deg C (can also fix 2-4h at RT). I decal in Richard Allan decal solution for 1h, sometimes 1.5h if femurs are especially large and remain hard after 1h. Wash well in dH20 and process into paraffin. I antigen retrieve in DAKO Target Retrieval Solution for 10 min at 95-99 degC in veggie steamer with 10 min cool down.

Frozen sections for immunofluorescence are fixed in 4% PFA as above. Then decal in 10% EDTA for 5 days.  30% sucrose protect overnight at 4 deg C and snap freeze in OCT.

It works well with both protocols.

For both frozens and paraffin, primary is at 2-4 ug/ml followed by very specific biotinylated secondary against goat IgG (Jackson Immunoresearch, minimally cross reactive to other species). Then use strep-HRP (Jackson IR) and DAB+ (DAKO) to develop.

Please let me know if you need more details.

Best,
Andrea Hooper