[Histonet] Bleach in autostainer cost problems?

Rene J Buesa rjbuesa <@t> yahoo.com
Mon Feb 22 14:56:57 CST 2010

Bleach is the harshest enemy of any biological reaction and should be avoided as much as possible or absolutely eliminated after is used, otherwise can ruin the best staining protocol.
René J.

--- On Mon, 2/22/10, Margaryan, Naira <NMargaryan <@t> childrensmemorial.org> wrote:

From: Margaryan, Naira <NMargaryan <@t> childrensmemorial.org>
Subject: [Histonet] Bleach in autostainer cost problems?
To: "histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu" <histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu>
Date: Monday, February 22, 2010, 3:47 PM

Hi Histonetters,

Have you ever had the problem I am having now: light or totally negative staining after service and cleaning the machine with bleach?

To explain it better:
I have immuno-autostainer from TermoFisher that was working well before I had service from the company. After a representative from the company serviced the machine and cleaned it with bleach, my staining starts to become very light or totally negative on some slides which were running all together on the same day. Unfortunately, I did not realize it immediately and only after several stainings when I expect to see strong staining instead of light like 1+.

First of all, I thought it's one of the reagents or my antibody. Then, I checked on the positive slides and finally I came to decision that this is a bleach that was used to clean machine.

I can't get in touch with rep almost a week.

If you are familiar with this kind of problem, please give me any suggestion.

Naira