[Histonet] IF staining on peritoneal macrophages

Adam . anonwums1 <@t> gmail.com
Fri Feb 19 10:31:20 CST 2010

When I did it, I think I used our standard sort buffer, which is 0.2% BSA in
PBS pH 7.4. I've also read that you can use anything with serum, typically
5-10%. The key seems to be prewetting the membranes with something with
protein.

I usually cytospin them and briefly (30 seconds) air dry them until there is
no obvious liquid, before I added the fixative. I managed to get usable (but
not ideal) cytospins from as few as 1000 cells.

Let me know if it works,
Adam