[Histonet] IF staining on peritoneal macrophages

Adam . anonwums1 <@t> gmail.com
Thu Feb 18 18:41:25 CST 2010

The best way I know to get cells to stick is to first cytospin liquid with
some protein (BSA or serum) onto the filters to pre-wet them. After that's
done, cytospin your cells. I've gotten this to work with fairly rare FACS
sorted cells.

I've also found that the smaller volume the cells are in, the better your
cytospin. Ideally is 100 - 200 uL. For FACS sorted cells, this means you
want to sort into as small a volume as possible. For lavage cells, that may
mean spinning them down first, although for FACS cells, the cells are
fragile and don't like being centrifuged.

I've gotten cells to stick to the slides by circling the cells with a PAP
pen and then just putting fixative inside PAP while the slides are lying
horizontally.

Adam