[Histonet] Arcturus Laser Capture Microdissection (LCM) Systems

Walters, Katherine S katherine-walters <@t> uiowa.edu
Tue Feb 16 11:45:01 CST 2010

GEEZ hard to keep track!

Katherine Walters
Histology Director
Central Microscopy Research Facilities
85 Eckstein Medical Research Building
University of Iowa
Iowa City, Iowa 52242-1101

phone: # 319-335-8142
fax:      # 319-384-4469

katherine-walters <@t> uiowa.edu
www.uiowa.edu/~cemrf

-----Original Message-----
From: Victor Tobias [mailto:victor <@t> pathology.washington.edu]
Sent: Tuesday, February 16, 2010 11:37 AM
To: Walters, Katherine S
Cc: Kimberly Tuttle; histonet
Subject: Re: [Histonet] Arcturus Laser Capture Microdissection (LCM)
Systems

And they have since been bought by....

*Danaher* <company_profile.aspx?CompanyId=1002531> Completes Acquisition

of *AB SCIEX* <company_profile.aspx?CompanyId=1009895> and *Molecular
Devices Corporation* <company_profile.aspx?CompanyId=3170> (MDCC
<http://investor.biospace.com/biospace?Page=QUOTE&Ticker=MDCC>)
2/1/2010

WASHINGTON, Feb. 1 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Danaher Corporation
announced today that it has completed the previously announced
acquisition of AB SCIEX and Molecular Devices. AB SCIEX is a leading
designer and manufacturer of mass spectrometers, highly sensitive and
sophisticated instruments used by researchers and clinicians to identify

and quantify specific molecules in complex samples. Molecular Devices
supplies high-performance bio-analytical instrumentation systems and
consumables that accelerate and improve research productivity and
effectiveness in life science research and drug discovery.

Danaher Corporation

Victor Tobias
Clinical Applications Analyst
University of Washington Medical Center
Dept of Pathology Room BB220
1959 NE Pacific
Seattle, WA 98195
victor <@t> pathology.washington.edu
206-598-2792
206-598-7659 Fax
Privileged, confidential or patient identifiable information may be
contained in this message. This information is meant only for the use
of the intended recipients. If you are not the intended recipient, or
if the message has been addressed to you in error, do not read,
disclose, reproduce, distribute, disseminate or otherwise use this
transmission. Instead, please notify the sender by reply e-mail, and
then destroy all copies of the message and any attachments.

Walters, Katherine S wrote:
> Molecular Devices bought them.  Here is their website:
> http://www.moleculardevices.com/pages/instruments/microgenomics.html
>
> Hope this helps,
> Kathy
>

> Katherine Walters