[Histonet] pc labs

Rebecca Johnson raj <@t> bluemarble.net
Mon Feb 8 14:44:43 CST 2010

Sorry if I have caused all of this confusion. First I am very disappointed
in some of my fellow HT or HTL.  I have worked in histology long enough to
realize their are money hungry doctors in hospital settings and private
labs. Money is their first concern. Also I have experienced it doesn't
matter what the histology dept. education is HT, HTL, BS or PHD.  Just
because those initials are behind your name does not give one the knowledge
or experience to be qualified to be in a histology lab.I am one that is in
favor to see the need for education, but that does not always mean the tech
has the knowledge.  I have also seen some techs that have a hard time
passing the written section of the ASCP exam.  Sometimes they just have a
hard time with testing.  As for me I don't want to work for any Doctor in a
hospital or private lab that their concern is only on the money.  I will
only associate my name with the best (this being quality patient care).  I
think we have all seen medicine is not what it use to be.  Insurance
companies and the government have made changes.  Do we agree with it all NO.
As for private labs you are not well educated on them, the private lab has
regulations that they must meet and are CLIA inspected some are CAP and
JACO. I do realized there are labs out there that are meat markets. I sent
this request because I thought this was the intent of the Histnet, sharing
valuable information and experiences.  Sorry if this offend some of you.
Thanks
raj