[Histonet] Slide baking before IHC

Morken, Tim Timothy.Morken <@t> ucsfmedctr.org
Mon Feb 8 12:42:04 CST 2010

Much of the information on slide drying has to be gleaned from books and is mostly the personal experience of various authors.

Tim Morken
Supervisor, Histology / IPOX
UCSF Medical Center
San Francisco, CA

-----Original Message-----
From: Patsy Ruegg [mailto:pruegg <@t> ihctech.net]
Sent: Sunday, February 07, 2010 7:55 AM
To: Morken, Tim; 'Pat Laurie'; histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: RE: [Histonet] Slide baking before IHC

I concur with Tim, this paper is a good reference for slide drying temps, as
with everything else there is no rule that works for every antigen, I play
it safe and try very hard to air dry draining until there is no water left
on or under the section, and then I bake at temps not above 60dc for most
things, but when it comes to bone and cartilage, I drain and air dry them
and then lay them flat on heat plate at 45 dc overnight when possible.

Patsy

Patsy Ruegg, HT(ASCP)QIHC
IHCtech
12635 Montview Blvd. Ste.215