[Histonet] Clarification on "private labs"

Andrew Burgeson napoli <@t> siscom.net
Sun Feb 7 13:32:04 CST 2010

When referring to all labs in the USA being
"privately-owned," I am, of course, excluding government
facilities. BUT...even those facilities employ people who
make $ working in this field and so have some interest in
the discussions.

Also, due to the fact that MEDICARE is such a big factor in
US medical reimbursements, anyone with a Medicare ID who
gets paid by the government is, in a sense, a "government"
provider. So in this sense, the system is mixed.

My post refers specifically to non-government labs. (with
the understanding that most everyone bills medicare)

AB