[Histonet] cleaning cryostat

Ingles Claire CIngles <@t> uwhealth.org
Thu Feb 4 22:44:24 CST 2010

I work in a Mohs Lab. (high output frozen skin) We wipe out the cryostat with 95% ETOH and clear out the shavings every day we use our machines. We normally tear down and completely defrost our cryostats every other month or so, depending on humidity and frost build up. (and available time to have a cryostat down.) We are not inspected by CAP, but JCAHO and CLIA who are at least as stringent.
Claire

I would like this information also. This is the first year we are CAP so
any help I can get would be appreciated.  Thanks so much have a great
Friday and Week end.
Kathy Gorham H.T.