[Histonet] Superfrost plus gold slides

Durden, Kelley kelleydurden <@t> pathology.ufl.edu
Thu Feb 4 10:41:02 CST 2010

I've used superfrost plus gold slides - for frozen and paraffin - and they don't seem any better than the standard superfrost slides.

Are you warming your slides in the oven before deparaffinizing?  What temp and how long?  We warm ours for 15 minutes in 56 degree oven.

While in the military funds weren't available for special slides so we used gelatin in our water bath and never had anything fall off.  Another option anyway.  Amount of gelatin depends on gelatin "bloom."  Not sure about the specs on that - quite a few years ago.

Hope it helps

Kelley