[Histonet] TRAP Assay and IHC

Sherwood, Margaret MSHERWOOD <@t> PARTNERS.ORG
Thu Feb 4 09:19:43 CST 2010

I want to thank everyone who responded to my inquiry re:  TRAP Assay.  I don't
think I made my request that clear re:  IHC.  We want to do both TRAP Assay and
IHC (separately, of course) on mouse tibia.

We would like to use frozen sections of mouse tibia for IHC.  Our initial try to
cut tibia on the cryostat has resulted in less than optimal sections.  It
appears that the tissue is lifting out of the section.
In re:  IHC on frozens -   1)  do you treat the tibia before embedding in OCT?
2) what knife do you cut with on the cryostat? 3)  do you fix slides with cold
acetone before the IHC procedure (we ususally do)?

Thanks again!

Peggy

Peggy Sherwood
Lab Associate, Photopathology
Wellman Center for Photomedicine (EDW 214)
Massachusetts General Hospital
55 Fruit Street
Boston, Massachusetts 02114-2696
617-724-4839 (voice mail)