[Histonet] GI Biopsies

Anderson, David W david.w.anderson <@t> Vanderbilt.Edu
Wed Feb 3 12:10:24 CST 2010

We are having an issue with our GI Biopsy H&E Stains.  On our GI Biopsies, we currently cut eight slides, staining levels 2, 5 and 8 with H&E.  The pathologist are noticing that the level two slide looks great but then levels 5 and 8 will have what they call "Blue Blobs" on the tissue sections.  They tend to look like formalin salt crystals.  Does anyone else experience this?  Do any of  you have a resolution to this problem?  Thank you so much for your help with this matter.

David Anderson,HT(ASCP)