[Histonet] RE: RRAS

John Shelley jshelley <@t> sanfordburnham.org
Fri Dec 31 15:56:56 CST 2010

Hi Sarah,

I have used this antibody and just plain intestine is fine. If you worked with CD31 before it looks a lot like that. Hope this helps.

HistoLand have a great New Year!!!

Kind Regards!

John J Shelley
Senior Research Associate, Histology Core Facility
Sanford-Burnham Medical Research Institute at Lake Nona
6400 Sanger Road
Orlando, FL 32827
Tel: (407) 745-2000 Ext.2517
Fax: (407) 745-2001
email:  jshelley <@t> sanfordburnham.org

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu [mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of sgoebel <@t> mirnarx.com
Sent: Wednesday, December 29, 2010 5:23 PM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] RRAS

Hello all!!

Hope everyone is gearing up for the festivities of this weekend with
great excitement!!!

Got a quick question.  We are going to be using the RRAS antibody and
I'm trying to figure out what a good positive control tissue is.  I
looked on the abcam site and it says colon, spleen, heart, CA lines.  I
don't know if it means colon cancer, etc. or if those three tissues and
then any cancer line of any tissue would also work.  I currently only
have breast and prostate cancer tissues.  I do also have normal heart,
colon, and spleen.  Does anyone have an answer for this?

Thanks in advance, my fellow histo. hotties!!!

Sarah Goebel, BA, HT(ASCP)

Histotechnologist

Mirna Therapeutics

2150 Woodward Street