[Histonet] Re: if you could pick your own floor surface...

Robert Richmond rsrichmond <@t> gmail.com
Thu Dec 23 12:50:48 CST 2010

Steve Feher responds

>>We built a pathology lab from scratch last year and this was a question
that we explored when deciding on flooring materials. We ended up
choosing poured epoxy (with rubberized compounds embedded) over
concrete. The floor is seamless, wax and slip and stain resistant, and
very easy to keep clean. We do a minimum of scraping a the end of each
day. At the end of a year, the floor has stood up extremely well and
looks great. It costs a little more up front but you end up saving in
the costs of keeping it clean and wax free and in replacement costs. It
is estimated that we will not have to look at replacing it for at least
10 years.<<

Steve, could you give us some information about where you actually get
that poured epoxy material?

While talking about pathology floors - do remember indoor-outdoor
carpet for the pathologist's office. It helps so much to keep slides
from breaking when I drop them!

Bob Richmond
Samurai Pathologist
Knoxville TN