[SPAM-HC] - RE: [SPAM-HC] - RE: [Histonet] CAP Question regarding procedure manual - Email found in subject - Email found in subject

Cazares, Ruth RCazares <@t> schosp.org
Thu Dec 23 11:04:16 CST 2010

Hi William,

Our competency evaluation is done once a year as part of the employee's annual evaluation.  I don't actually have each employee perform the procedure as part of the documentation, although................. hmmmm, maybe an in-service to discuss the new procedure with all employees?

I agree with you about discussing things on Histonet, I have found it to be a lifesaver on more than one occasion (OK, so maybe that's a little dramatic, but you get the point) :)

Ruth Cazares, HT (ASCP)
Histology Supervisor
Department of Pathology
Swedish Covenant Hospital
Chicago, IL

From: WILLIAM DESALVO [mailto:wdesalvo.cac <@t> hotmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, December 23, 2010 10:50 AM
To: Cazares, Ruth; histonet
Subject: [SPAM-HC] - RE: [SPAM-HC] - RE: [Histonet] CAP Question regarding procedure manual - Email found in subject - Email found in subject

Thanks, I am aware of Peggy's form. We have similar hard copy forms now, but we are moving to an electronic system. It will be much more manageable for 125 employees.

When you state in your form the employee is competent, do you have documentation to support that there was a competency evaluation? We only state the employee has read and understands. We have separate documentation for training and competency.

I love this type of discussion string. There are so many different processes out in Histoland.

Do others document separately the original creation, training, competency, implementation of procedures/processes and then continual yearly training, competency and review of those processes? Are you using a Quality Management System? How about Electronic system to manage?

William DeSalvo, B.S., HTL(ASCP)