[Histonet] need ur help

Weems, Joyce JWeems <@t> sjha.org
Mon Dec 20 12:03:04 CST 2010

Could something have happened with the fixative for these two tissues?

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu [mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of wassan alkadhumi
Sent: Monday, December 20, 2010 12:43
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] need ur help

Hi all
Hope u r all doing well, am an Iraqi histotech working in both histopathology and IHC department in Iraq. One part of what i do is IHC
(manual) i have no problem with, the other part is what i have problems with, Renals and Livers, we do regular H &E stain , PAS and Masson Tirchrome and all of them were text book quality until ten days ago, the problem is the Stains even the H&E are not Fine, its smugish. And the most important stain  for the histopathologist is the Trichrome which it should be fine and delacate and its not. I checked the procedures and stain preparations and i doing it the correctly , I made new solutions and did prolonged deparaffinization 10 min each step (3 xylenes,  2 100%ETOH,  one 90%ETOH, one 70%ETOH) and there was no difference. I should mention that those problems happened with only Renal and Liver biopsies the H&E and PAS on other types of tissues are working just great. the one thing that changed before 10 days ago is the wether it became really cold and our lab temp. is not controlled.  Am going crazy please help me Thank u a lot

Wassan
Histotech.
Shorsh hospital

Confidentiality Notice:
This e-mail, including any attachments is the
property of Catholic Health East and is intended
for the sole use of the intended recipient(s).
It may contain information that is privileged and
confidential.  Any unauthorized review, use,
disclosure, or distribution is prohibited. If you are
not the intended recipient, please delete this message, and
reply to the sender regarding the error in a separate email.